Are you a Grade 11 or 12 student looking for a unique part time work experience this summer?
Are you interested in creating and editing videos?
Do you love talking with the seniors in your life? Would you be excited to learn about their lives and experiences?
Are you interested in the history of Pitt Meadows?
Pitt Meadows United Church is looking for students to be part of a video history project. We need some curious, engaging, and enthusiastic young people to be interviewers of seniors and other church members about their memories, life experiences and the stories they have to tell. Each video-interview will be recorded and edited to make up a searchable video library. Interviews will be conducted through Zoom, or in-person with safe physical distancing. The team will also produce a project findings booklet. History Project Interviewers will be paid $20 per hour based on number of completed interviews. You could be part of the team!
- Working in a team to plan interviews, contact interviewees and arrange interviews
- Conducting interviews in person or online
- Questioning interviewees to enable them to tell their stories in detail and in summary; seek stories and incidents that explore meaning and illustrate history
- Recording interviews using Zoom software or in person on your own smart phone
- Doing basic editing of the recorded interviews to focus the findings
- Working in a team to gather and make an index of completed interviews and report on findings of note
- Contribute stories, conclusions, and video clips to the final booklet of the project findings
- Able to provide a Police Records Check
- Have experience in communicating with older adults
- Have experience or knowledge of video editing
- Able to use Zoom software
- Able to talk with older adults with empathy and patience
- Able to follow directions, complete tasks on time, and work independently and in a team
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive, persistent, and energetic
- Reliable, ethical, and responsible
- May have knowledge and experience within a faith-based tradition
To apply for a History Project Interviewer position:
- Send your resume AND a cover letter explaining why you want to be a part of the team to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply before midnight Sunday, June 28