The church building was a prefabricated building built in 1910 by B.C. Mills Ltd which was shipped by train to Pitt Meadows and purchased by the 7th Day Adventist community.
Prior to the end of WW1 a large colony of 7th Day Adventists existed in Pitt Meadows. Their land spanned the area between what are now Ford and Advent Roads on the west side of Harris Road, encompassing what is now Hoffman Park. On their site was the three story Manson Training Academy, a residential school built for the purpose of educating Adventist youth. The new church building was erected at its present location at the corner of Harris and Ford. The 7th Day Adventist community declined by the end of the war, its members moving elsewhere.
In 1922 the Pitt Meadows Church Society purchased the little white church building from its original owners. The Anglican Church, Methodist Church and United Church of Canada originally represented the Church Society but today only the Anglican and the United Church make up the Church Society.
In the early days a coal stove heated the little heritage church. In 2003, a major renovation and repair of the building was undertaken by the Church Society after an extensive fund-raising campaign by the members. Qualified engineers were consulted and plans to improve and preserve the heritage church were made.
The church was raised from its foundation so a basement and a furnace could be installed. A wheelchair ramp was added at this time, and structural improvements made including steel rods to keep the walls true and repairs to the roof. The original interior was exposed and restored after years of being covered by plain paneling. The interior wood was restored and painted.
The pews were installed in 1960.
The “little white church on the corner” is a landmark in the heart of Pitt Meadows, and an important part of our city’s history and heritage.